Structures Optimization Engineer [Topology optimization]
In Leon Legion, there are always the best approaches to bring innovative ideas into life. We provide you with an open environment satisfying your passion and desire to dedicate to your dream job. Your potential accomplishments are unlimited.
We are a startup company specializing in Autonomous Vehicle/Robotics… with the belief of taking technology to the next level. Therefore, our entire system is exclusively developed by Leon Legion. We are looking for an engineer who could bring it to the consumer.
Leon Legion researches and develops a perfect manufacturing solution to address system-level challenges. To simplify complex problems, we completely modularize complicated structures. Leon Legion aims to optimize structures and systems with ultra-lightweight, super-strong materials such as Aluminum, Carbon Fiber, Titanium, etc. to create complex yet strong and optimal structures. We motivate radical innovations, optimize capital structure and enhance product sustainability.
What will you do?
Use FEA software to evaluate CAD/CAE designs for durability, performance, temperature, and other characteristics.
Design and analyze Node™-based vehicle structures using hand calculations, topology optimization, and CAD/CAE tools.
Update and keep up with new technology, competitive products, and the latest CAE tools/trends.
Experiences in the application of 3D CFD tools for flow and structure interaction.
Able to perform linear, non-linear, and dynamic simulations.
Write technical reports to explain the FEA/CAE results and provide recommendations to improve overall design.
Use CAE tools to optimize performance for the body, electric components, closures, chassis, and other sub-systems.
Perform Topology Optimization to provide suggestions for the Industrial Design/Mechanical Design team toward optimal designs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Structural Engineering.
- Knowledge of finite element method (FEM), mechanics, and strength of materials.
- Familiarity with Mechanical CAD software (SolidWorks or CATIA preferred).
- Experience with: ANSYS, Altair HyperWorks.
- 3+ years of experience in performing non-linear dynamic and static finite element analysis.
- Experience with TOPOLOGY OPTIMIZATION.
- Prior experience using advanced materials (composites, adhesives, metals) to achieve lightweight structural solutions.
- Proven skills of innovative product, robust and maintainable commercial products through a full cycle development process.